Monday, March 3, 2014

We received some terrible news this morning that one of our fellow missionaries, Elder Mason Bailey, was killed in an auto accident in Vasteras, near Stockholm, on Sunday. It's hard to believe that a tragedy like this has happened here and I want to express my deepest condolences to his family and friends. Please keep them in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. 


Week 17 – March 3, 2014; A Tragic Loss

It's been a sad and interesting week in Sweden. We found out it Elder Miles will be transferring to be a Zone Leader in Malmö (Mal-mu), so we've been trying our best to finish-out strong this week. Elder Miles has been an awesome trainer and I'll be really sad to see him go on Wednesday, but Malmö has been where he's wanted to go his whole mission so I'm really happy for him. We've had a great nine weeks here in Kungsbacka and I couldn't have asked for a better start to my mission.  Malmö is the third largest city in Sweden and it’s one of the most culturally diverse places, so it will be a big change from little Kungsbacka, but it looks like it will be super fun.

Enjoying Home-made Fried Chicken Dinner in our Apartment
Of Course it's Good - Look at ALL These Spices!
My new companion will be Elder Knecht. He grew up in Sweden and lived in the US for four years. He'll finish up my training. I don't know how long I'll stay with him, but it would be wise for me to use the opportunity to practice my Swedish as much as possible before I'm transferred.

A Missionary Serving in the Field!
Monday was a really cool. We stopped by to see a less active member and got in for the first time. We started off just getting to know him and were going to end by leaving a quick spiritual thought. We asked him a question and he opened up to us and told us the full story of how he became inactive. We talked for almost an hour after that. He's got a long way to go, but he is open to talking to us now and I have a lot of hope for him.

Two-by-Two
Tuesday was absolutely crazy! Elder Miles and all of the other District Leaders and Zone Leaders went to Stockholm for the day and I spent the day in Kungsbacka with two of the newer greenies. I was super nervous that day, but it ended up being really good for all of us. I planned every swing-by visit in the book and we walked the whole day to contact even more. We easily talked to 70 people and found a couple people that were willing to learn more in the future. It was really good for the three of us. I think we realized that we can do a lot more than we felt we were capable of doing. Even though we didn't get in to teach, it was one of my favorite days on my mission so far because I realized I really can do this. What I'm learning is that there is no reason for me not to be confident in myself because this really is the Lord’s work and he's going to help me with everything I need to succeed in my missionary work.
Working Hard With New Missionaries
Kungsbacka, Sweden
Proselyting by the Baltic Sea
It's been an amazing start to my mission and I'm super thankful for my time with Elder Miles. He's taught me how to work hard and enjoy missionary work. I really feel like I can do this after my training with Elder Miles and it will be exciting to take what he's taught me into the next chapter of my mission with Elder Knecht.

-Äldste Stoeltzing

No comments:

Post a Comment