Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 27 - May 12, 2014; A Mother’s Day Treat


Hey Guys,
Another week has come and gone and now it’s Monday again, how does this keep happening? It seems like it’s been a longer week, but a good week. Scheduling has been a little tougher in this area, so the work has been a little slower. But I'm really optimistic there is a ton of potential in Norrköping and I know that working through weeks like this leads to better weeks in the future. Although we still had some really enjoyable things happen.

 
We accidentally celebrated Cinco de Mayo. Everyone wanted to eat at the taco bar on P-day, so we had Mexican food and found out later that night it was actually Cinco de Mayo, so we were proud of our timely food choice. After enjoying the tacos, which are surprisingly good in Sweden, all the missionaries in the district played capture the flag in a big park next to the taco place… My team lost really bad!
Tuesday was my six month mark! It was pretty fun. We got some pizza to celebrate, but we worked pretty hard most the day to find people to teach. Unfortunately, Sweden decided to be really mean and we had winter weather return again for the rest of the week, so it was back to the big coat. We had a couple of slower days in the middle of the week and we did some more finding work later… Knocking on doors for several hours each day. That’s okay, it’s all part of missionary work.

The best lesson of this week was a swing-by appointment that we had with a young mother from Vietnam, named Lovely. She had two loud kids and it was hard to teach her, so I occupied them a little bit while Elder Gray started the lesson. When they took interest in Elder Gray, I took over the lesson. It was initially very hard to focus, but through the help of the spirit we told her what she needed to hear, and by the end of the lesson, she said she would be baptized if she read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. It was the most positive lesson I've been a part of in Norrköping and I know that she will continue to progress.

A True Mother's Day Treat!
The best part of the week, however, was Mother’s Day. I don't think I realized how much I missed my family until I saw them again. We had a great talk over Skype and the crazy thing is it didn't feel like a weird or awkward conversation, but it felt exactly like the kind of conversation we would of had back home, which is really what I would of wanted from it. I know why Mother's Day is one of the two days we can talk to our families. First off all the missionary's mom's would freak out if they couldn't talk to their kids on Mother's day. Second, and more importantly, the truth is that none of us would be out here and willing to help others if we didn't all have great mothers who raised us the right way. I can say that I would not have been here doing this if I didn't have the most amazing Mom ever. It was so great to talk to her and the rest of my family and I'm so thankful for the impact she's had in my life.


Brotherly Love

Mother's Day Skype with Jacob at 4:30 AM, a 9 hour time difference
Well here goes week number three in Norrköping and I know it will be great! Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has an awesome week!
-Äldste Stoeltzing

No comments:

Post a Comment