Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week 69; March 2, 2015 – Saying Hello to Bybee

Hey guys!

It's been a crazy two weeks! It has felt like a marathon, but it's been awesome, and I've loved every minute if it! 

Two Mondays ago we went to the Lindahl's and we had dinner with them. They made Elder Cushing's favorite Swedish meal, which is a type of creamy potato casserole… It was amazing! We visited for a while, then we taught their little daughter Matilda about prayer, she is the cutest kid ever! 

On Tuesday we went to Tylösand, which is one of the most famous beach towns in Sweden during the summer, but it’s pretty cold in the winter.  Although it’s still beautiful! We saw Marcus there and Elder Cushing got to say good bye, then we took some pictures on the beach. Later that night we had a meeting with one of our investigators, Raustin, and we had a good night with him.  


On Wednesday I said good bye to Elder Cushing and he was off to Stockholm. It was an amazing six weeks we had together. It flew by, but it was an incredible transfer. Elder Cushing is going to do amazing work during his last 4-1/2 months and we'll definitely be good friends when we get back home. 

I spent the day with Hiekke working on the guest home they are building. It was hard work, but we got a lot done and the foundation is finally ready to be laid. We moved a lot of big rocks, so I felt pretty tired. Afterward, we picked-up my new companion, Elder Bybee, and we moved him into the apartment. He's been out on his mission about a month less than me and he just finished training a new missionary. Elder Bybee is from Mapleton Utah. He's probably one of the nicest people I've ever met and he has a great positive attitude. He's an obedient and a hardworking missionary and I think he'll be great to work with here! 


We had a really good first week together and we had a great lesson with Stefan about the Plan of Salvation. 

Week two was pretty crazy! We had two conferences this week. Elder Bybee went to Stockholm and then we went to zone training later in the week! Tuesday was pretty crazy too! I went to Helsingborg and worked with the Elders there. Elder George got sick, so I ended-up going to Landskrona for an appointment. Sadly, they cancelled and we ended-up missing the train, so I got stuck in Helsingborg longer than planned. Although I had a really good conversation with a man I met in the station and he sounded interested in the gospel, so I hope he will contact the Elders there. I finally made it home and all was well. 


On Thursday we had a conference in Malmö! It was a little unexpected, but it was super fun and it was great to see the missionaries in the zone again! 



Saturday was amazing! We had a great talk with Stefan and he said that he felt that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet! It was amazing, and one of the most special teaching experiences I've been a part of! He isn't quite ready to commit to baptism yet, but he said he will read the Book of Mormon cover-to-cover! 

Well, next week will be really cool! We are getting a chance to see a church leader in my old favorite town of Göteborg, so it'll be great! 

That’s all for this week… I love you guys!  

Äldste Stoeltzing

No comments:

Post a Comment