Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 4December 3, 2013
It’s hard to believe in 14 days I'll finally be half way around the world in Sweden! 

Anxiously Engaged in a Good Work



Days in the MTC are long, but the weeks fly by.  The MTC has been quite the experience.  There are a lot of opinions you'll hear about the MTC but here’s the honest truth; the MTC isn't Disneyland, and it most certainly isn't like Especially for Youth (EFY).  The MTC is 16 hours of hard work sun up to sun down.  You get up at the crack of dawn; you study and learn, you attend two long three-hour classes each day in deep language immersion.  Then you spend the rest of the day preparing and studying to teach investigators.  The MTC is without question the most difficult and challenging experience I have ever encountered, but it is without question the most rewarding and fulfilling experience I have ever had as well. 


The twelve heading to Sweden


I spend every day in a classroom with eleven of the finest individuals I've ever met.  We motivate each other to learn and grow daily.  The 12 of us have developed a friendship and brotherhood that will last far beyond the time we finish serving.  Our four teachers are world-class individuals.  They work with us one-on-one and inspire us to learn and grow each day.  The best thing about the MTC is the incredible way in which you feel the spirit here.  There are 2,000 individuals here that are going out to serve the Lord.  This place is filled with some of the most passionate followers of Christ I've ever seen. 
Swedish scripture study
 
This week I got to be part of an amazing service project where 2,000 of us were able to prepare 350,000 meals for underprivileged children.  It’s so powerful to see what can be done when we serve together.  We also have the privilege of hearing from General Authorities of the church and/or Apostles on a weekly basis.  We go to the Temple once a week as well.  The spirit is strongest, however, when I pray just before bed.  I have felt the Savior’s love so strong each night as I share all my questions, concerns, and hopes with God.  I know my Savior loves me and I know this is where I need to be serving him.  So, No… the MTC isn't easy, the food isn’t great, and it's 95% work combined with 5% fun, but this is perhaps one of the most special places on earth and I am so thankful for the time I've been able to spend here. 

Missionary service project to feed the children

Exhausted after a well-earned Thanksgiving feast

I love all of you and I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,

Aldste Stoeltzing     

No comments:

Post a Comment